SMART SYSTEMS SOLUTIONS
The design, the manufacture and the packaging of a microchip, respectively of a micromodule, are only one component of an integrated system. A typical system usually requires a multitude of different active and/or passive components in order to perform its desired functions.
It is about using and applying the properties of materials, components and/or processes in an innovative manner, in order to achieve better performance and/or new functions. System integration includes the overall development, the integration of different technologies, the packaging as well as the associated interfaces to the environment and the adaptation to their respective application.
fields of research
The area of "Intelligent System Solutions" follows an application-oriented approach. The research focus is divided into integrated application systems and into tools and methods needed for the development of such systems. The following focus areas are defined:
- Integrated micro-photonic systems
- Adaptable spectroscopic systems
- Advanced system integration methods
ASSIC Projects in the research area of Smart Systems Solutions:
- Smart Sensor Systems for Micro- and Nano-sized Contaminants
- Smart Sensor Systems for Food and Kitchen Appliances
- Smart Sensor Systems for Industrial Process Analytics and Process Control
- Smart Sensor Systems for Energy Storage and Energy Distribution Systems
- Smart Sensor Systems of the Future